The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek is a unique and luxurious trekking experience in the Everest region of Nepal. The itinerary combines traditional trekking with a breathtaking helicopter flight for a close-up view of Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world.
This adventure begins with your arrival in Kathmandu, where you'll enjoy the city's cultural and historical sites. You then take a flight to Lukla, known as the gateway to the Everest region, and start your trek. The trek takes you through beautiful landscapes, Sherpa villages, and the diverse flora and fauna of Sagarmatha National Park, leading you to the famous Namche Bazaar, the vibrant heart of the Khumbu region.
From Namche Bazaar, you'll trek to the Everest View Hotel, a luxury accommodation nestled in the mountains. This hotel boasts panoramic views of the Everest range, giving you an unforgettable experience.
One of the highlights of this trek is the helicopter tour, where you'll get to see the awe-inspiring beauty of Mount Everest up close. The helicopter ride provides a bird's-eye view of Everest Base Camp, Khumbu Icefall, and the surrounding peaks. Following the helicopter tour, you'll fly back to Lukla.
Finally, you'll return to Kathmandu, where you can enjoy some relaxation or exploration of the city before your departure. The entire trek is supported by professional guides and porters, and the package includes accommodations, meals during the trek, necessary permits, and more.
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek is a remarkable way to experience the majesty of Mount Everest, blending the excitement of trekking with the luxury and convenience of a helicopter tour.
Features on Everest View Luxury Heli Trek
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek features a mix of adventurous trekking, luxury accommodations, and thrilling helicopter rides for an unforgettable experience. Here are some features of this unique journey:
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek includes scenic flights that offer breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest. Here are the scenic flights included in this trek:
Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla: On Day 2 of the itinerary, you will take a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. This short flight, lasting approximately 30 minutes, provides you with stunning aerial views of the mountains and valleys as you fly towards Lukla, the gateway to the Everest region. It's a thrilling experience that sets the stage for your trekking adventure.
Helicopter Flight to Everest View Hotel and Kala Patthar: On Day 5, the trek includes a helicopter tour that takes you from the Everest View Hotel to Kala Patthar and back to Lukla. During this flight, you will have the opportunity to witness the majestic beauty of Mount Everest up close, along with other prominent peaks such as Lhotse and Ama Dablam. The helicopter allows you to soar above the Himalayas, offering unparalleled panoramic views of the highest mountains in the world.
The helicopter flight is a highlight of the Everest View Luxury Heli Trek, providing you with a unique and awe-inspiring perspective of the Everest region. It allows you to witness the grandeur of the mountains from a privileged vantage point, capturing incredible photographs and creating lifelong memories.
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek offers luxurious accommodations throughout the journey, providing you with comfort and relaxation after each day's trek. Here are the types of accommodations included in this trek:
- In Kathmandu: You will stay in a 4-star hotel in Kathmandu, such as Hotel Mulberry or a similar hotel. These hotels offer well-appointed rooms with modern amenities and services. Breakfast is included during your stay.
- During the Trek: You will stay in the best available guesthouses along the trekking route. While these guesthouses may not have the same level of luxury as the hotels in Kathmandu, they still provide comfortable accommodations with basic facilities. Standard meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are included during the trek.
- In Kathmandu: You will stay in a 5-star hotel in Kathmandu, such as Kathmandu Marriott Hotel or a similar hotel. These hotels offer luxurious rooms and a wide range of amenities, including restaurants, spa services, fitness centers, and more. Breakfast is included during your stay.
- During the Trek: Similar to the Standard Option, you will stay in the best available guesthouses with comfortable accommodations and standard meals included.
- In Kathmandu: You will stay in a premium hotel in Kathmandu, such as The Dwarika's Hotel. These hotels offer top-notch luxury and provide a unique cultural experience. They are known for their traditional architecture, exquisite interiors, and impeccable service. Breakfast is included during your stay.
- During the Trek: The Premium Option provides accommodation in the highest available standard lodges and guesthouses during the trek. This may include stays at Yeti Mountain Home and Everest View Hotel, which offer comfortable rooms with attached toilet bathroom facilities. These lodges provide a higher level of comfort and luxury compared to standard guesthouses. Standard meals are included during the trek.
The accommodations on the Everest View Luxury Heli Trek have been carefully selected to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Whether you choose the Standard, Luxury, or Premium option, you can expect a level of comfort that complements the adventure of trekking in the Everest region.
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek offers a wonderful opportunity to experience the rich Sherpa culture that thrives in the Everest region. Here's how you can immerse yourself in the Sherpa culture during this trek:
- Interaction with Sherpa Locals: Throughout the trek, you will come across Sherpa villages and have the chance to interact with the local Sherpa people. Sherpas are renowned for their mountaineering expertise and their warm hospitality. Engage in conversations, learn about their way of life, and gain insights into their traditions and customs.
- Sherpa Guides and Porters: Your trek will be accompanied by experienced Sherpa guides who are familiar with the region and its cultural significance. They can provide valuable information about Sherpa history, religion, and local customs. Sherpa guides often share fascinating stories of mountaineering expeditions and the Sherpa community's deep connection to the mountains.
- Sherpa Cuisine: Try traditional Sherpa cuisine during your trek. Sherpa food is influenced by the region's rugged terrain and high-altitude lifestyle. Sample dishes like Sherpa stew (Thukpa), Tibetan bread (Khapse), and butter tea (Salty Chhyaang). Embrace the flavors of the local cuisine and appreciate the unique culinary traditions of the Sherpa people.
- Sherpa Festivals: Depending on the timing of your trek, you may have the chance to witness Sherpa festivals and celebrations. Festivals like Mani Rimdu, Dumje, and Losar are important cultural events in the Everest region. These festivities involve colorful dances, traditional music, and religious ceremonies that showcase the Sherpa culture's vibrancy and spirituality.
- Sherpa Architecture and Monasteries: Observe the distinct Sherpa architectural style in the villages along the trekking route. Sherpa houses are often built with stone walls and wooden roofs, designed to withstand the harsh mountain environment. Visit monasteries like Tengboche Monastery, one of the most significant Buddhist monasteries in the Everest region, to witness Sherpa religious practices and soak in the serene ambiance.
- Sherpa Crafts and Artwork: Appreciate the intricate craftsmanship of the Sherpa people by exploring local handicraft shops. Sherpas are known for their skill in creating exquisite woolen textiles, intricate wood carvings, and traditional paintings. Take the opportunity to support local artisans by purchasing unique souvenirs that represent the Sherpa culture.
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek allows you to witness and engage with the Sherpa culture in various ways, giving you a deeper understanding and appreciation of this vibrant mountain community.
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek offers awe-inspiring and magnificent landscapes that showcase the breathtaking beauty of the Everest region. Here are some of the remarkable landscapes you can expect to encounter during this trek:
- Himalayan Peaks: The trek provides stunning views of some of the world's highest peaks, including the mighty Mount Everest (8,848 meters), which stands as the pinnacle of the trekking experience. Other prominent peaks like Lhotse (8,516 meters), Nuptse (7,861 meters), and Ama Dablam (6,812 meters) dominate the skyline, creating a dramatic backdrop throughout the journey.
- Sagarmatha National Park: The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek takes you through the Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its exceptional natural beauty and unique biodiversity. The park is home to diverse flora and fauna, including rhododendron forests, fir and birch trees, and rare wildlife such as the snow leopard, Himalayan black bear, and red panda.
- Rolling Hills and Valleys: Trekking trails wind through picturesque valleys and rolling hills, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes. The verdant greenery, terraced fields, and traditional Sherpa villages add to the charm of the journey. The contrasting colors of the landscapes, with the snow-capped peaks towering above, create a mesmerizing sight.
- Glacial Moraines: As you trek closer to Everest Base Camp, you will traverse the glacial moraines of the Khumbu Glacier. The rugged and rocky terrain formed by the glacier's movement presents a unique and otherworldly landscape. The sparkling ice formations, deep crevasses, and towering seracs provide an unforgettable sight.
- Everest View Hotel: During the trek, you will stay at the Everest View Hotel, located at an elevation of 3,880 meters. This luxury hotel offers stunning panoramic views of the Everest region, allowing you to witness the majestic mountains right from your doorstep. The sight of the sun rising over the Himalayas from this viewpoint is truly awe-inspiring.
- The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek is a feast for the eyes, with its grand mountain vistas, lush valleys, and unique landscapes. Each step of the journey offers a new perspective, allowing you to immerse yourself in the natural splendor of the Everest region.
Everest and Other Peaks
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek provides breathtaking views of Mount Everest, as well as other prominent peaks in the Everest region. Here are some of the notable peaks you can expect to see during the trek:
- Mount Everest (8,848 meters): Standing as the world's highest peak, Mount Everest is the main highlight of the trek. As you journey through the Everest region, you will catch glimpses of Everest from various viewpoints, including the Everest View Hotel and the helicopter tour to Kala Patthar. The sheer size and majestic presence of Everest are truly awe-inspiring.
- Lhotse (8,516 meters): Lhotse, which means "South Peak" in Tibetan, is the fourth highest peak in the world and is located just next to Mount Everest. Its impressive pyramid-shaped summit is a remarkable sight on the trek. The views of Lhotse are especially stunning from Kala Patthar, where you can witness the close proximity of this mighty peak.
- Nuptse (7,861 meters): Nuptse is a stunning peak that lies in the Khumbu region. It is known for its steep and icy slopes, making it a challenging peak to climb. During the trek, you will have excellent views of Nuptse from various points along the trail, showcasing its striking beauty and glacier-covered slopes.
- Ama Dablam (6,812 meters): Ama Dablam is one of the most beautiful peaks in the Everest region, renowned for its distinctive and symmetrical shape. Its name translates to "Mother's Necklace," as its prominent ridges resemble the arms of a mother embracing her child. The views of Ama Dablam are particularly stunning from Tengboche, where you can witness the mountain rising dramatically above the Tengboche Monastery.
- Thamserku (6,623 meters): Thamserku is a prominent peak located in the Solu-Khumbu region, standing tall with its icy slopes and sharp ridges. Its unique pyramid-like shape is a sight to behold, and you can enjoy views of Thamserku from various vantage points during the trek.
These are just a few of the many magnificent peaks that grace the Everest region. The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek offers ample opportunities to witness these incredible mountains up close, providing you with unforgettable views of their grandeur and beauty.
Professional Guides and Porters
During the Everest View Luxury Heli Trek, you will be accompanied by professional guides and porters who play crucial roles in ensuring a safe and enjoyable trekking experience. Here's what you can expect from the guides and porters:
- Experience and Knowledge: The trek will be led by experienced and knowledgeable guides who are familiar with the Everest region and its trails. They have extensive trekking experience and possess in-depth knowledge of the local culture, history, and natural surroundings. Their expertise will enhance your understanding and appreciation of the trek.
- English Proficiency: The guides are proficient in English, allowing for clear communication and effective interaction. They will be able to provide you with detailed information about the trek, answer your questions, and offer insights into the local customs and traditions.
- Safety and Navigation: The guides prioritize your safety throughout the trek. They are well-versed in trekking safety procedures, including altitude sickness prevention, proper acclimatization, and emergency response. They will monitor your health and well-being, ensuring a safe and enjoyable trekking experience.
- Cultural and Natural Interpretation: The guides will share their knowledge of the local Sherpa culture, Buddhist traditions, and the natural environment. They can provide valuable insights into the significance of monasteries, landmarks, and the flora and fauna you encounter along the way, enriching your overall trekking experience.
- Luggage Handling: Porters play a vital role in carrying your main luggage during the trek, allowing you to trek with a lighter daypack. They will transport your belongings from one accommodation to another, ensuring that your personal items are safely delivered to each destination.
- Support and Assistance: Porters provide valuable support during the trek. They are experienced in navigating the trails and can offer assistance if needed. They will help ensure a smooth and comfortable journey, allowing you to focus on enjoying the trek.
- Cultural Exchange: Interacting with porters provides an opportunity for cultural exchange. Many porters come from local Sherpa communities, and they can offer insights into their way of life, stories from the mountains, and local traditions. It's an excellent opportunity to learn from their experiences and build connections.
Both the guides and porters are an integral part of the Everest View Luxury Heli Trek. They contribute to the overall success of the trek, providing support, guidance, and local expertise, allowing you to have a memorable and enriching experience in the Everest region.
The Everest View Luxury Heli Trek typically offers an all-inclusive package that covers various aspects of your trip. While specific inclusions may vary depending on the tour operator or package you choose, here are some common elements that you can expect to be included in an all-inclusive package:
- Accommodation: The package includes accommodation throughout the trip, including hotels in Kathmandu and guesthouses or lodges during the trek. The level of accommodation can range from standard options to luxury or premium options, as per your chosen package.
- Meals: Most all-inclusive packages provide meals during the trek. This typically includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The specific meals provided may vary, but they often consist of locally available and freshly prepared food to keep you energized during your trekking days.
- Domestic Flights: The package usually includes domestic flights between Kathmandu and Lukla, which is the starting point of the trek. These flights offer scenic views of the mountains and save time compared to trekking from Kathmandu to the Everest region.
- Helicopter Tour: The highlight of the Everest View Luxury Heli Trek is a helicopter tour that takes you close to Mount Everest and provides stunning aerial views of the surrounding peaks. This helicopter tour is typically included in the all-inclusive package.
- Permits and Fees: The package covers the necessary permits and entry fees required for the trek, such as the Sagarmatha National Park permit, TIMS Card (Trekkers' Information Management System Card), and local entry permits.
- Professional Guides and Porters: Experienced guides who are fluent in English and knowledgeable about the Everest region are included in the package. They provide guidance, ensure your safety, and offer insights into the local culture and environment. Porters are also provided to assist with carrying your main luggage during the trek.
- Ground Transportation: All-inclusive packages often include ground transportation, such as airport transfers and transportation within Kathmandu, in comfortable private vehicles.
Travel Insurance: Some all-inclusive packages may include basic travel insurance coverage, such as emergency medical expenses and evacuation, for the duration of the trek. However, it is recommended to check the details of the insurance coverage and consider purchasing additional comprehensive travel insurance to ensure adequate protection.
Important notes on Everest View Luxury Heli Trek
Here are some important notes to consider before embarking on the Everest View Luxury Heli Trek:
Fitness Level: Despite being a luxury trek, a reasonable level of fitness is required. Though it's not as strenuous as the full Everest Base Camp trek, the trails will involve some steep climbs and descents, and long walking hours.
Altitude Sickness: The trek involves reaching high altitudes, so there's a risk of altitude sickness. It's essential to acclimatize properly, stay hydrated, and not ascend too quickly. Inform your guide immediately if you experience any symptoms.
Weather: Weather in the Everest region can be unpredictable, especially at high altitudes. Flights to and from Lukla and the helicopter ride can be delayed or cancelled due to bad weather. It's a good idea to have a few buffer days in your travel schedule.
Insurance: Make sure you have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation and high-altitude trekking. Medical services and evacuations can be extremely costly without it.
Packing: Pack wisely. Essential items include good hiking boots, warm clothing, sun protection, a water purifier, and personal medical supplies. However, keep your pack as light as possible for your comfort.
Respect Local Culture: The Everest region is home to the Sherpa people, who have their own traditions and customs. Always be respectful, ask before taking photos, and follow your guide's advice on cultural etiquette.
Environmental Conservation: It's crucial to trek responsibly. Don't leave any trash behind, and avoid using plastic bottles by carrying a refillable bottle or water purification tablets.
Preparation: Before heading out on the trek, make sure to do plenty of research or get in touch with a reputable travel agency to understand what the trek involves. It's also a good idea to do some physical preparation, such as regular walks, hikes, or other forms of exercise.
Remember, safety should always be your priority. Listen to your guide's advice, take your time, and enjoy the journey through this breathtaking part of the world.
We Offer the Following similar Helicopter Trekking in Nepal.
Annapurna Base Camp Heli Trek - 9 Days
Manaslu Circuit Helicopter Return Trek - 11 Days
Langtang Valley Heli Trek - 8 Days
Luxury Everest Base Camp Heli Trek - 9 Days