No recent searches!

    Permits for Everest Region Trekking

    When trekking in the Everest region, it is important to obtain the necessary permits and documentation. The permits required may vary depending on the specific trek you choose. However, the following permits are generally needed for most treks in the Everest region:

    Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit

    This permit is required for all treks within the Everest region, as the majority of the trails pass through Sagarmatha National Park. You can obtain the permit at the Nepal Tourism Board office in Kathmandu or at the park entrance in Monjo. The fee for foreigners is NPR 3,000 per person (excluding VAT), while SAARC nationals pay NPR 1,500 per person.

    Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit

    TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) Card

    The TIMS card is necessary for most treks in Nepal, including those in the Everest region. It helps the authorities monitor and manage trekkers' movements, ensuring their safety and security. There are two types of TIMS cards:

    TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) Card

    Also Read: Everest Trekking Permit

    Individual TIMS Card

    For independent trekkers, the fee is NPR 2,000 per person (green card).

    Group TIMS Card

    For trekkers in a group and accompanied by a government-registered guide, the fee is NPR 1,000 per person (blue card).

    You can obtain the TIMS card at the Nepal Tourism Board office in Kathmandu or the TAAN (Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal) office in Pokhara.

    Local Government Fee

    In addition to the above permits, you may also need to pay a local government fee when entering the Khumbu region. This fee, known as the "Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit," has replaced the previously required "Solu-Khumbu Local Permit." The fee is NPR 2,000 per person and can be obtained in Lukla or Monjo.

    Local Government Fee

    Peak Climbing Permits

    If you plan to climb a peak in the Everest region, such as Island Peak or Mera Peak, you will need to obtain a separate peak climbing permit. The fees for these permits vary depending on the specific peak and the climbing season. The permits can be obtained from the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) or with us.

    Please note that the fees mentioned above are subject to change, and it is always a good idea to verify the latest information with us or the Nepal Tourism Board before your departure.

    Please, click here for the various packages in Everest Region

    If you need any further information, please contact us, Email: at [email protected], Phone: +977- 985 100 5129 (WhatsApp)


    Drop us a message

    Jyoti Karki is an expert travel blogger. She has been writing blogs for a long time. Along with writing about diverse locations. She personally travels to many different places, went hiking and trekking in Nepal, and has also visited several areas of India and enjoys writing on her blogs about them.