Nepal is naturally blessed with enticing mountains, green hills, diverse vegetation, exotic wildlife, long glacier rivers, valleys, and beautiful landscapes. Because of the diverse geographical structure and variable climatic conditions, thousands of animals, birds, butterflies, and reptiles are native to this country. Nepal is the home of thousands of giant mountains including eight out of the fourteen highest mountains in the world along with the top of the world - Mt. Everest. All these incredible things make Nepal a popular destination for travel and adventure.
The ultimate Everest Region helicopter tours provide majestic views of the giant Himalayas, astonishing terrain, and amazingly located landscapes from the aerial view, which can be explored in a minimum time period. Summiting the highest peak cannot be achieved by everyone, but touching the base of the highest peak and exploring them with your soul and eyes can be accomplished by everyone. People often recommend that the Everest Region helicopter tour be the best aerial tour in the world.
The unforgettable Helicopter tour in the Everest region takes you as close to the highest mountain - Mt. Everest (Sagarmatha) in a single day. Normally, the flight takes off from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, and drops you at Lukla Airport first. Lukla Airport is also called the Tenzing-Hillary Airport, which is considered the world’s most extreme and dangerous airport. The magical landscapes unfold as your pilot will fly a helicopter above the picturesque Sherpa mountain villages, gompas, monasteries, mountains, lakes, snowy hills, and glaciers. If you take flight during the spring season, you can get a chance to experience the colorful tented camps at the base of different mountains.
Please, click here for the Everest Region Trekking.
Highlights of the Everest Region Heli Tour
- Aerial view of Mount Everest: The Heli Tour provides a rare opportunity to witness the majestic Mount Everest from an aerial perspective. You can enjoy panoramic views of Everest and its neighboring peaks, including Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam, as you fly over the region in a helicopter. The aerial view of Mount Everest is a truly awe-inspiring experience that allows you to appreciate the grandeur and beauty of the Himalayas.
- Landing at Everest Base Camp: The Everest Region Heli Tour also includes a thrilling landing at Everest Base Camp, which is the starting point for mountaineers attempting to summit Mount Everest. You can step out of the helicopter and walk on the same hallowed ground where mountaineers prepare for their epic Everest expeditions. The up-close encounter with the iconic Khumbu Icefall and the surrounding Himalayan vistas is an unforgettable experience.
- Scenic flight over the Khumbu region: The Heli Tour takes you on a scenic flight over the Khumbu region, which is known for its stunning landscapes, including rugged valleys, lush forests, glacial lakes, and traditional Sherpa villages. You can witness the unique geographical features of the region, including the dramatic gorges, deep valleys, and towering peaks, as you fly over the picturesque landscape in a helicopter.
- Cultural immersion: The Everest Region is also home to the Sherpa people, who are known for their unique culture and traditions. During the Heli Tour, you can catch glimpses of the Sherpa way of life as you fly over their traditional villages, monasteries, and terraced fields. You can also interact with the friendly Sherpa people and learn about their rich cultural heritage, adding a cultural immersion aspect to your tour.
- Time-efficient and convenient: The Everest Region Heli Tour is a time-efficient and convenient way to experience the beauty of the Himalayas, especially for those who have limited time or physical constraints for trekking. You can cover a vast area of the Everest Region in a short span of time, saving days or even weeks of trekking, and still enjoy the awe-inspiring views of the Himalayas and the Everest Base Camp.
- Safety and comfort: The Heli Tour is conducted in modern helicopters that are well-equipped with safety features, ensuring a safe and comfortable journey. You can enjoy the convenience of a private helicopter tour, with experienced pilots and knowledgeable guides who provide insights about the region and its landmarks.
The Everest region helicopter tour normally required 4hr from Kathmandu and return. This trip is the fastest and easiest way to see the high mountain Mt. Everest and its close-up view. Landing at Kalapatthar height and capturing the snow-capped mountains, glaciers, icefalls, and beautiful terrain is a lifetime memory and experience. Everest Helicopter flight began from Kathmandu airport and landed in Lukla Helicopter pad for fueling. Then the helicopter takes you to the Everest View Point/ Syangboche airport to balance your weight. Then the helicopter flies towards base camp and lands in Kala Patthar for 10 min to experience the beautiful mountain views and capture a picture. The helicopter can fly above the Everest base camp, camp I, and Khumbu glaciers and come back to Pheriche/ Syangboche immediately due to the altitude threat. Later, there will be a delicious breakfast in the Everest View hotel and enjoy the panoramic views of the Himalayas, alpine forest, monasteries, and sherpa villages. Everest View Hotel won the record for the highest altitude start hotel in the world and this place is famous for panoramic views of high mountains like Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Thamserku, Kangtega, Kongde range, and the most iconic mountain Ama Dablam. After breakfast, the helicopter will come back to Kathmandu with scenic aerial views.
Best Time for Everest Region Helicopter Flight
Everest Helicopter tours can be done all around the year in a clear and visible sky. Normally, the winter and monsoon season is considered the less chosen season because of the unstable weather and difficulties during the journey. whereas spring and autumn are considered the best season for both helicopter flight tours and Everest region trekking. The Spring season falls under the months of March to May, whereas, the autumn season falls under the month of September to November. Both seasons offer clear blue skies and stable weather conditions with an astonishing aerial view of mountains, valleys, glaciers, and sherpa homes. you can see the colorful version of nature's beauty.
However, it's important to note that weather conditions in the mountains can be unpredictable, and it's always best to check the latest weather forecasts and consult with local experts before planning any helicopter tour or trekking adventure in the Everest Region or any other mountainous region. Safety should always be a top priority in any adventure in the Himalayas.
Also, Read Best Time to Visit Nepal.
What is the price of the Everest Helicopter Tour?
Normally, the price of a Helicopter is not constant in the Everest Region. It changes in different seasons and takes off place as well. If you are a single person, then you need to pay around USD 1200 for the Everest base camp Heli tour in a group. Normally, a helicopter can carry a max of 6 people including a pilot in high mountains but the landing weight is less than 500kg. So, if there are more than three people on a single flight, there will be two flights from Pheriche or Everest view hotel by spitting body weight 250kg on average.
Luxury Holidays Nepal offers amazing packages with a lot of discounts for Everest Region Helicopter tours. The most popular packages like Helicopter Tour to Everest Base Camp, Everest for Breakfast, and an Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Landing Helicopter Tour. There are more interesting trekking packages in Everest Region as well. Contact us for more details.
Please keep in mind that the stopover at Kalapatthar and Everest Base Camp is based on weather conditions. Normally, helicopters wait at Syangboche Airport (the drop zone of the world’s highest skydiving) lies at the top of the Namche Bazaar.